Community Vision’s Housing Access Program provides customized, one-on-one assistance and support for individuals and families looking to rent their own home. The Housing Access Program empowers individuals and families with disabilities with the opportunity to rent an affordable home in a community of their choice by offering valuable tools, tenant education, staff assistance, and resources.
How it works
We meet with you, learn about your situation, work with you to identify what you might need before you’re ready to move into your own rental home, prepare you to become a great tenant, and help you apply to rental units that meet your specific needs.
- Personalized planning for the housing transition
- Tenant education classes (Rent Well & Move Out Move Up)
- Financial education classes
- Assistance with finding and applying to affordable housing
- Help with the transition process moving into housing
- Guidance on locating community resources
- Aid in finding support staff and education in hiring/managing staff
- Income of at least $1,200/month
- This amount can include monetary support from family, friends, and/or guardians
- You must have a disability that qualifies you for Developmental Disabilities Services or Aging, Disability, and Veteran Services
- Live in and are searching for housing in the Tri-County area (Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties)
If you are not eligible
- You can still join our newsletter list, where you will receive monthly information about available housing units and open waitlists to apply to
- You can take the tenant education classes
To apply, contact Tova Hershman.
Affordable Housing Associate
(503) 292-4964 x 126