Housing Access Program
The Community Vision Housing Access Program provides customized, one-on-one assistance and support for individuals and families looking to rent their own home.
The Housing Access Program empowers individuals and families with disabilities with the opportunity to rent an affordable home in a community of their choice by offering valuable tools, tenant education, staff assistance, and resources.
How it works
We meet with you, learn about your situation, work with you to identify what you might need before you’re ready to move into your own rental home, prepare you to become a great tenant, provide financial assistance through an Individual Development Account (IDA) if you’re eligible, and help you apply to rental units that meet your specific needs.
Throughout the program, we will consider your:
- Current living situation
- Current housing expenses
- Number of bedrooms needed
- Accessibility need
- Monthly income and the source(s) of that income
- Savings/Checking accounts and assets
- Government assistance used
- Credit history
- Criminal history
- Rental history
- Support network
- Preferred location and type of housing
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Earn 80% or less Annual Median Income (AMI) based on family size
- $45,600 for a 1-person household
- $52,160 for a 2-person household
- Experience a barrier to housing other than low income
- eg. Disability, poor credit history, criminal history, history of housing evictions, etc.
- Attend and complete a Rent Well Tenant Education class taught by CV staff
To apply, contact Yvonne Chung
Affordable Housing Associate
(503) 292-4964 x 126