Dream Builders Alliance assists young adults to set vocational goals, and to make plans for living life how and where they want to.
Dream Builders Alliance is built for families to support a young adult’s transition to adulthood. The program is comprised of mentorship for the young adult and a series of education workshops for the parents, guardians, and other family members.
How it works
Dream Builders Alliance puts young adults in the driver seat, focusing on their strengths and interests to set goals and develop skills. We assist young adults to set vocational goals, make plans for the life they want, and we encourage skill building in the community.
Young adults are matched one-on-one with a volunteer mentor to explore their dreams and goals. Mentor matches meet up in the community weekly for six months.
Parent Education Workshop Topics
- Individualized Education Plan (IEP) advocacy
- Accessing Post-Secondary Education and Vocational Options
- Independent Living Options
- Financial and medical benefit eligibility at 18
- Adult support services
- Asset building
Parents and guardians must commit to supporting their youth in meeting with their mentor weekly.
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a youth age 16-21 years old
- Parents and guardians must attend all family workshops
- Parents and guardians must commit to supporting their youth, and to meet with their mentor weekly
Mentors help our young adults build towards creating goals and developing vocational skills while exploring personal interests.To learn more about becoming a mentor, click here
Dream Builders Alliance thanks FACT Oregon for their partnership on this program!For a video on the impact of Dream Builders Alliance, Click here
Dream Builders Alliance Coordinator