Homeownership Independence Program
The Community Vision Homeownership Independence Program provides customized counseling and support for individuals and families looking to purchase their own home.
The Homeownership Independence Program empowers individuals and families with disabilities with the opportunity to purchase an affordable home in a community of their choice by offering valuable tools, education and resources.
The fixed mortgage payment offers independence, stability, security from rent increases, and the pride of bring part of a community.
How it works
We develop an individualized plan to homeownership that includes:
- Tools for building credit and savings
- Homeownership education classes
- Resources including financial assistance programs and grants
- Connections to lenders who work with non-traditional credit and organizations that provide accessible, affordable housing
- Financial Independent Development Accounts (IDA) and loans that match savings
To qualify you must meet the following requirements:
- Earn 80% of less Annual Median Income (AMI) based on family size
- Don’t currently own a home
- Participate in homebuyer education classes
To apply, contact Terri Carter
(503) 292-4964 x 150